Providing Better Smiles to Calgary & nearby areas of Alberta
Porcelain veneers are an option to attain a beautiful, natural looking smile. One of the big advantages of veneers is that maintenance of them is similar to that of your natural teeth. If you are in the Calgary region and are interested in learning about how porcelain veneers can transform your smile, contact Southcentre Dental Clinic at (403) 278-1415 to schedule a consultation.
Porcelain veneers are known for their durability but are still prone to damage if not taken care of properly. They are also resistant to staining, however, the cement used around the edge of the tooth to bond your veneers is susceptible to staining.
Since veneers are placed over your natural teeth the parts of your teeth that are not covered by the veneers are still vulnerable to the buildup of plaque that leads to decay. To help prolong the lifespan of your veneers follow these 6 useful tips:
- Maintain your oral hygiene with proper brushing and flossing
- Don’t bite into hard foods/objects
- Avoid foods and beverages that may stain your veneers
- Don’t use your teeth as a tool to open things
- If you have bruxism (teeth grinding/clenching), make sure you wear a mouth guard when sleeping
- Keep up with your regular dental visits
Maintaining the beauty of your new smile and the strength of your veneers is easy when you maintain good oral hygiene. Your veneers can last 10-15 years when they are properly cared for.
If you are looking to achieve a beautiful new smile with porcelain veneers, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Steven Cload by calling our Calgary, Alberta dental practice at (403) 278-1415 today!