Straighten Your Teeth Today!
Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces for adults and teens. These clear aligners are the virtually invisible way to improve your smile.
Providing Better Smiles to Calgary & nearby areas of Alberta
Invisalign is a comfortable and effective way for many teens and adults with tooth crowding and spaces to bring their smiles into proper alignment.
If you’re considering a teeth-straightening treatment for yourself of your teen, please call the Southcentre Dental Clinic at 403-278-1415 to schedule your Invisalign consultation. Calgary dentist Dr. Jennifer Silver can assess your condition and help you determine if Invisalign is the best solution for your unique needs.
Creating Your Invisalign Treatment Plan
Prior to beginning your Invisalign treatment, Dr. Silver will take X-rays, images and impressions of your teeth. This information will be used to create a 3-D image of your mouth.
Your personal treatment plan will be mapped out based on these physical and digital models, and will include the movements of your teeth necessary to achieve a beautifully aligned smile. Invisalign will then employ this data to create your series of custom-made aligners.
Each series of aligners features minor alterations that are designed to progressively shift your teeth into the desired position. You swap out the aligners on your own at home approximately once every two weeks, according to your individual treatment program. Invisalign (sometimes called invisible braces) typically takes about 12 – 18 months, though treatment time varies.
Invisalign has proven successful at treating bite conditions including:
- Overbite: When the upper front teeth are positioned to overlap the lower teeth, it means that you have a deep bite. This problem can contribute to jaw pain and teeth that wear down over time. A deep bite or overbite can be fixed by repositioning the teeth with Invisalign.
- Underbite: An underbite is the opposite of an overbite: the lower front teeth sit in front of the upper teeth, usually because the lower jaw is positioned too far forward.
- Crossbite: Sometimes, a few of the upper teeth are positioned to sit inside the lower teeth. Typically, this problem only affects a few of the teeth, not the entire jaw. It can lead to dental problems because the teeth chip or wear down over time, eventually leading to gum issues and even bone loss. Talk to our team about options to correct a crossbite with Invisalign Braces.
- Open Bite: Do you have a gap between the upper and lower teeth when your mouth is closed? This open bite makes it difficult to chew certain foods. Invisalign can be effective to close the gap and fix this dental problem.
- Crowded Teeth: Sometimes, misalignment is caused because there isn’t enough space in your jaw, causing the teeth to overlap, twist, and bunch up. Not only do these issues affect the appearance of your smile, but it is also harder to floss and brush all surfaces of the teeth. As a result, the risk of tartar, plaque, and tooth decay increases. Invisalign is one treatment option that can fix the problem of overcrowded teeth.
- Tooth Gaps: Spacing issues between two or more of your teeth can affect the appearance of your smile because of the visible gaps. Plus, these areas can be problematic because food can get stuck between the teeth and gums, eventually leading to gum disease. Invisalign offers a great solution to bring the teeth together and straighten your smile.
Improve Your Smile and Boost Your Confidence
Crooked, misaligned teeth not only take a toll on your confidence, but it’s been found that the appearance of your smile can impact self-esteem as well. As an alternative to metal braces, Invisalign offers a great solution to correct your teeth without the discomfort of metal brackets and wires.
Invisalign technology has made it possible to use a computer program that will design the perfect smile based on the size and shape of your teeth. Every treatment plan is customized based on the patients’ goals.
You’ll love how simple it is to straighten your teeth. Calgary Invisalign helps you feel confident in sharing your smile with others.
Invisalign VS Braces
Invisalign and traditional metal braces can effectively treat a spectrum of bite conditions and teeth alignment issues for a comparable cost. The similarities, however, end there.
An examination with Calgary dentist and Invisalign provider Dr. Jennifer Silver will determine if Invisalign is the best solution for providing you with a properly aligned smile.
The aligners used in Invisalign treatment are made of smooth, dental-grade plastic. Each aligner is custom made to fit over your teeth, and there is no metal to irritate your cheeks, gums and lips.
Likewise, because Invisalign aligners are single pieces that are changed every two weeks to progressively bring your smile into alignment, there are no painful tightening or adjustments necessary as there are with metal braces.
Eat What You Want
Metal braces are accompanied by a long list of foods to avoid. With Invisalign, you can continue to eat as you normally would.
Because Invisalign aligners are removable, there are no metal wires and brackets to trap food particles. This allows you maintain proper dental hygiene between meals and keeps your aligners clean.
Cleaning Made Easy
Traditional braces can capture bits of food and lead to increased plaque buildup, tooth discolouration and other dental problems. The brackets and wires of traditional metal braces can also snare toothbrush bristles and dental floss, making it a chore to maintain good oral hygiene.
Invisalign makes it easy to keep both your teeth and your dental work clean. When you’re ready to brush your teeth, simply pop out your aligners and brush, floss and rinse as normal, and slip the aligners back in place. The aligners are also easy to clean by brushing and rinsing in lukewarm water.
Metal braces require frequent office visits for adjustments, typically every three or four weeks. With Invisalign, no tightening are necessary and your follow-up visits are limited to approximately every six weeks.
These check-ups will be brief and are geared toward monitoring your progress.
How long are Invisalign braces worn?
Your treatment time will depend on several factors, including the amount of movement needed to achieve straight teeth, your age, and the current condition of the teeth to be moved. On average, Invisalign braces treatments last about the same time as metal braces, and sometimes straightening can be achieved faster. Expect to wear the Invisalign plastic aligners between 12 and 18 months. To get a smile assessment and find out how much time you might need, schedule an Invisalign consultation with our Calgary dentist.
Do they really work?
If you have crowded teeth, gaps in your smile, an overbite, or another misalignment problem, Invisalign can help. Invisalign braces have helped many people in Alberta and around the world. Finally patients can have the straight smile they’ve always envisioned.
Are Invisalign braces comfortable?
Compared to metal braces, Invisalign clear braces offer a world of difference in the comfort department. There’s no risk of catching the metal on lip tissue, and the aligners are removable, which means you can periodically remove them to eat or floss. You may experience mild discomfort when new aligners are attached, but this should subside quickly. Remember, the aligners are gradually moving your teeth into their ideal position, so a little bit of pressure or soreness is normal.
For more information, please see our Benefits of Invisalign page. If you live in the greater Calgary, Alberta, area and would like to learn if Invisalign is right for you, please contact the Southcentre Dental Clinic today to schedule your consultation.
Schedule a Consult with Dr. Jennifer Silver