Providing Better Smiles to Calgary & nearby areas of Alberta
As a versatile and effective cosmetic dental solution, porcelain veneers can be used to fix a variety of dental imperfections simultaneously and with relative efficiency.
For the right candidates, dental problems fixed with porcelain veneers may include:
- Teeth with minor damage in the form of small chips and superficial cracks
- Gaps in your smile
- Teeth that are crooked but might not necessarily warrant more traditional orthodontics
- Discoloring beneath your enamel that does not respond to teeth whitening treatments
- Teeth that have worn to different shapes and sizes or that developed asymmetrically
Alternatively, porcelain veneers might not suit your unique dental needs if your problems include:
- Severely misaligned teeth that require functional malocclusion treatments
- Significant gaps that may be better fixed with dental implants or bridges
- Deep cracks or large chips that may affect the integrity of your tooth structure
- Issues with periodontal disease or ongoing decay due to infection
In the event that you are not a suitable candidate for porcelain veneers, Dr. Silver will discuss this with you during your consultation and will subsequently recommend alternative solutions that may include traditional braces, dental implants and more. During this time Dr. Silver can also answer any additional porcelain veneer questions you might have to help you make an informed decision.
To learn more about the dental problems that can be fixed with porcelain veneers, contact Southcentre Dental Clinic to schedule a consultation in Calgary, Alberta.
Dr. Jennifer Silver is a highly accomplished dental surgeon with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Melbourne, Australia. Her educational accomplishments include deans honours list, an oral surgery award and best research project. Prior to this degree, she graduated with honors from Dalhousie University’s Dental Hygiene Program and worked in this field for 10 years.
The areas of dentistry that holds special interest for Dr. Silver include oral medicine and whole-body dentistry. She currently devotes time and resources toward helping patients with TMJ pain and sleep apnea, while continuing to provide general dentistry as well. Future interests include devoting time to additional oral surgery training. Jen strives to treat her patients as if they were family. She strongly believes in a multi-disciplinary approach for patient care. She is part of a large network of specialists that she trusts and collaborates with when helping patients.