Providing Better Smiles to Calgary & nearby areas of Alberta
Dental cleanings are recommended for everyone who has teeth! The benefits of this procedure can last a lifetime and here is why:
- Prevent Cavities- Plaque can build up on your teeth over time even if you brush regularly. Plaque is a whitish, acidic film that damages tooth enamel and can lead to cavities. A professional cleaning will remove the plaque and aid in the prevention of cavities.
- Prevent Gum Disease- Gum disease is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. Gum disease, which starts with built-up plaque, has even been linked to heart attacks and strokes. As gum disease progresses plaque moves further down your tooth root where it can destroy supporting bone in your jaw. A hygienist can help prevent gum disease by cleaning more thoroughly in and around your gums.
- A Healthy Bright Smile- Many of the foods we consume everyday can stain our teeth overtime. A dental cleaning can remove the stains and leave you with a whiter brighter smile. When you have a beautiful smile you feel more confident!
- Fresh Breath- Bad breath (halitosis) can be brought on my poor dental hygiene. Something as simple as having your teeth cleaning professional can help eliminate this problem by keeping your mouth healthy and odor-free.
- Save Money- Prevention is better than a cure! Maintaining good oral health can help prevent you from having costly treatment in the future.
Dr. Jennifer Silver is a highly accomplished dental surgeon with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Melbourne, Australia. Her educational accomplishments include deans honours list, an oral surgery award and best research project. Prior to this degree, she graduated with honors from Dalhousie University’s Dental Hygiene Program and worked in this field for 10 years.
The areas of dentistry that holds special interest for Dr. Silver include oral medicine and whole-body dentistry. She currently devotes time and resources toward helping patients with TMJ pain and sleep apnea, while continuing to provide general dentistry as well. Future interests include devoting time to additional oral surgery training. Jen strives to treat her patients as if they were family. She strongly believes in a multi-disciplinary approach for patient care. She is part of a large network of specialists that she trusts and collaborates with when helping patients.