Providing Better Smiles to Calgary & nearby areas of Alberta
Porcelain veneers can treat a range of candidates, but they may not always be a viable solution for everyone. Calgary dentist Dr. Jennifer Silver can assess your individual dental needs to determine your porcelain veneer candidacy.
When considering porcelain veneers, it is first important to identify your aesthetic and functional dental goals.
Some of the dental defects porcelain veneers can address include:
- Small chips or superficial cracks in the teeth
- Smile gaps
- Asymmetrical or slightly crooked teeth
- Discoloration that is resistant to tooth whitening treatment
If your needs can be met with porcelain veneers, viable candidates should still have healthy, fully developed teeth and realistic expectations about what porcelain veneers can and cannot accomplish.
Alternatively, you may not be a suitable candidate if:
- You suffer from severely misaligned teeth
- You tend to clench or grind your teeth
- Your tooth enamel is inadequate
- You suffer from extensive tooth decay or periodontal disease
- You have other major dental or general health conditions
If you do not meet the criteria for porcelain veneer candidacy or your cosmetic dental needs will be more aptly served with alternative treatment, Dr. Silver will discuss this with you at your consultation and can answer any additional porcelain veneer questions you may have.
To learn more about porcelain veneer candidacy, contact Southcentre Dental Clinic to schedule a consultation in Calgary, Alberta.