Providing Better Smiles to Calgary & nearby areas of Alberta
You may wonder what happened to the pearly whites you were born with. Your teeth age right along with the rest of your body, so it’s a natural process for them to lose their whiteness. If you are wondering how to regain that youthful bright smile here are a few tips to follow for whiter teeth!
- Try a whitening toothpaste or mouthwash. These are specifically formulated to remove stains. Visit your drug store for a wide selection of whitening toothpastes.
- Reduce staining by drinking with a straw or cutting back on coffee and soft drinks. If cutting back on coffee isn’t an option just add some milk or cream! Milk and cream mixed with either coffee or tea will help deter it from sticking to the surface to the teeth – hence less stain!
- Brush and floss every day. A consistent brushing habit is not only good for your oral health, but will remove stains before they build up on your teeth. Remember to replace your toothbrush head every 2-3 months so the bristles can effectively remove plaque and stain.
- Eat Crunchy Produce. Fruits and Veggies are naturally abrasive so they can help remove some of the substances that discolor your teeth. A healthy diet translates to healthy teeth!
- Visit our office for teeth cleaning and an exam every six months. When a dental hygienist cleans your teeth they remove soft (plaque) and hard (tartar, calculus, or stains) deposits from your teeth, it’s called deep teeth cleaning or deep dental cleaning. The primary purpose of having deep teeth cleaning is to prevent or delay the progression of periodontal diseases and make your teeth whiter.